1/13/2009

It’s cold out there

The temperature has been below freezing for days (or is it weeks now?). I have to turn around at 3.5 K on my regular route, because beyond that the path is iced over. The other day I wanted to go for a long run, so I pocketed my new overshoe spikes and took off. When the last houses were left behind, I slipped them on and made my way up the first icy hill. The results were not as I had hoped. At one point my feet went out from under me and I landed hard. Fortunately there were no witnesses.

With no warm front in the forecast, I’m sticking mostly stationary biking; cause it’s cold out there every day.

2 comments:

Thurman8er said...

I'm not sure which I hate more...cold or running. I think cold. Of course, it's in the high 50's today and I think that's cold.

Brady said...

Your last line sounds like a movie…