12/21/2009

Third time’s a charm


Living less than a mile from downtown has its advantages. Saturday, Husband, Son 1, and I were able to relax at home until 11:30 before jogging down to the old city just in time for the start of the 3rd annual Christmas Midnight Run. We were all bundled up because it was –8°C (20°F); an exceptionally cold night. My Number One Fan ran with me to encourage me up the steep cobblestone hills. We hung around after the race to see if by any chance I had placed this time (after all, most sane runner were home in bed). Low and behold, I was called up first among the “senior” women. My runner-up, who finished first last year, seemed confused that roles were reversed this year. What a thrill to stand on the highest step of the podium!
Congratulations to Son 1 on a race well run also!

Gotta run…


No comments: