8/27/2013

Penthaz 2013

Earlier this month I spent the better part of two weeks eating meringues and double cream for breakfast, sitting at a desk all day, and indulging in heavy restaurant meals every evening. After that regime, I didn’t have high expectations for the first leg of the Tour du Pays de Vaud in Penthaz. But a few kilometers into the race I was surprised to find myself running alongside, then leaving behind, a woman whose back I recognize well. I figured I would lose steam and fall behind on the end of the hilly 8.5K course, but my pace remained steady. I was very pleasantly surprised to hear the announcer say how well I placed as I crossed the finish line. It was my best ranking ever in this series of races! If only I had brought home more meringues and double cream!

Gotta run...

No comments: