11/12/2013

Forceton Talent 2013


With all the traveling I’ve done over the past few months, involving an inordinate amount of sitting and eating (I may or may not have gained five pounds), I didn’t have high expectations for Saturday’s 12K, my first race since early September. Neighbor and I arrived at Chalet-à-Gobet an hour before the 11 a.m. start. The 850 meter elevation made it noticeably colder than home. Having dressed in shorts and a t-shirt, I hung out in the locker room to stay warm and told friends about my latest trips. As has been the case most years, the recent rain had made the course quite muddy, so I was wearing my old beat up running shoes. The race was pretty much a repeat of last year for me in every way, except for running a good 2 minutes slower. Even though I hadn’t had high expectations, I was disappointed. When I got home, I compared the two races on Garmin Connect and was relieved to see that this year’s course was 300 meters longer than last year’s and that my splits were almost the same.

Gotta run…

No comments: