4/02/2009

Give or take a few seconds

It’s very encouraging to hear spectators cheer as you run by, but that doesn’t compare to the cheers of the person running beside you. On the last hill of the recent 15K husband and I ran, a man caught up with me, but instead of passing right by, he slowed to my pace and helped me up the hill with his encouraging words. When we reached the flat, he sped up again. I saw him again after finishing and he congratulated me on hanging in there.

I’m sure he lost a few seconds in the encounter and I gained a few. It made me want to do the same for someone in my next race. I just have to be able to overtake someone on a hill.

Gotta run…

3 comments:

Brady said...

I'd slow down for you anytime.

Luvtoquilt said...

It's the same with our Christian race! It only takes a few minutes to encourage a fellow Christian runner in our race to the ultimate finish line!

stephruns said...

Absolutely! (see my March 3 post)