11/28/2010

A travers Prilly 2010

Saturday morning we woke up to a fresh powdering of snow. I love to watch the snow falling outside, and fortunately I also love to run in the snow. By mid-afternoon there was a half-foot of snow on the ground. I jogged down to Prilly for the last race of the Trophée Lausannois. The snow kept lots of runners from showing up; either because they didn't care to run in that weather, or because road conditions prevented them from getting there. So less than 150 of us lined up for the 10K (down from 220 last year). But the snowplows had done their job and the streets weren't as slippery as they might have been. With five 2-kilometer loops to run, I was quickly lapped by the fastest runner, but the last time around I was able to pick up the pace and lap a few stragglers myself. I was very pleased to learn I had placed second in my category (thanks to some of the no-shows), and even more pleased to receive my prize!

Gotta run...
See some pictures of the race here.

No comments: