6/05/2012

Course à Dingler 2012

When Husband and I got to Savigny last Saturday afternoon for the Dingler 10K, it had been less than 48 hours since my last race. But at least I hadn't spent six hours digging in the yard that day like Husband had! It was a hot day too, as is often the case for this event. We started out fast because the first third of the course was slightly downhill. Then the climbing started; almost 400 feet over the next 3K. I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing that I didn't remember just how much elevation gain was involved in this race. I kept pushing, hoping that just after the next rise the course would start down again. Not only were we rewarded by getting to run downhill on the final third of the race, but also by the magnificent view of the Alps at that point. The pushing paid off since I placed third in my age group. At the pasta party and award ceremony we were told this 40th anniversary run might be the last if the organizers don't find more volunteers for next year. That would be a real shame!

I'll have a few more days to recuperate before my next 10K on Friday.

Gotta run...

No comments: