9/05/2012

Bussigny 2012

Last Saturday I rode my bike over to a neighboring village for the annual Foulée de Bussigny  race. Despite three other races being held in our area that afternoon, close to 200 runners showed up for this 3-lap 11.5K. Fall weather having hit us a few day earlier, the temperature was ideal. The course took us all through the woods outside the village. After the first lap, I was pleasantly surprised because I had been expecting steeper hills. I was also surprised that T.R. hadn't left me in the dust yet  (she told me after the race that she's still recuperating from an illness). By the end of the second lap, I was pretty much running alone and definitely enjoying the race. Half way through the third lap I could hear someone gaining on me. A young woman passed me on the last turn before the final stretch and finished 10 seconds ahead of me. The next runners to finish was almost a minute behind me. I  was happy to learn that, besides the technical t-shirt that all finishers received, the first five runners in each age group got prizes. For my fifth rank I was rewarded with an Adidas running shirt, two pair of Adidas running socks, a year's subscription to a running magazine, and other assorted goodies. No telling what the first place finisher got! I'll certainly be back next year!

Gotta run...

3 comments:

Mary Parlange said...

too bad I missed this one somehow! Good job raking in the loot!

stephruns said...

it's part of the trophée lausannois, Mary. see you this evening!

Michael said...

Love reading your running stories