8/20/2008

Old shoes


Ok, I admit it. I have four pair of worn out running shoes that I can’t seem to throw away. (There, they say admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.) I don’t know why I keep the old shoes; they serve no purpose and just gather dust under the couch. The last time I went to the Adidas store, they were giving a discount on new shoes if you traded in an old pair. I could have gone home and got some, but I didn’t. Now it’s past time for new shoes and a fifth pair must join the others.

What do you do with your old running shoes?

3 comments:

becca said...

It must be genetic. I've got 3 or 4 pairs of old tennis shoes that should be thrown away too (mine are for walking, not running).

Unknown said...

I completely understand and have experienced first hand your dilemma. Something about throwing something away that someone without shoes would love to have. So, that's what you do. You find a person (or a local organization that provides such articles to the needy) and the shoes continue serving a greater purpose.

Justin said...

I keep running in them until my Mom forces me to buy new ones!