10/24/2008

Butterflies

I always get nervous before a race. I never seem to be able to train as well as I had hoped. Sunday afternoon’s half marathon is the one time all year I will go that distance. I only managed to work up to 10 miles this year. Because of my sore ankle, the day I had planned to do my longest preparation run, I cut back to 8 miles, then rode my stationary bike for 45 minutes. But somehow I don’t think I would be less nervous even if I had followed my training plan.

Gotta run…

2 comments:

Brady said...

Hey speedy. The race will go great. Just follow the balloon.

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

When I was playing soccer or football for rest of the world, I was nervous before every game. No matter who we were playing or how good or bad my team was, I was still nervous about how I was going to do. What helped me break the nervousness, was the first cheer for me from the sidelines (which usually came from my mom). I am sure you will do well and finish the race.