10/16/2008

There’s no place like home

When I open up my Runner’s World every month and check out the “rave run,” I must say I’m not envious. On my 8 k run I’m soon out of town passing soccer fields, wheat fields, an old cemetery. Then I run through the neighboring village with its 18th century mansions and church. I come to more fields and woods, dotted with huge redwood trees, before turning around, which is the best part of the run. Not so much because I get to run downhill, but for the fantastic view of Lake Geneva and the Alps in the background (on a clear day, Mt Blanc is spectacular). Time the turn at sunset and it’ll take your breath away.

gotta run...

2 comments:

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

I did love that view in Lausanne! Going down, walking in my case, the hill and seeing the Alps and Lake Geneva. Very beautiful! Well gotta walk!

Brady said...

So you got the picture up! Well done.