10/01/2008

To run or not to run

Monday I decided I had time for a quick run even though it was cutting things close. I ended up twisting my ankle. It reminded me of the time I squeezed an early run into a tight schedule on a trip to Naples. That day I managed to get both feet tangled in a coiled up wire (this was during the big garbage strike). To say I came down hard would be an understatement. Now I know what a roped calf feels like, only it's usually not running on pavement! It stuck me that had I not gone for a run that morning, I would have regretted it all day; but I never would have know what would have been avoided by not running. Life is sometimes like that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your injury. Why does it seem that a disciplined decision hurts?

So, I've been feeling guilty about not running and who would have thought that all this time not running was just saving myself from being injured?

Thurman8er said...

Twisted ankles. Yet another reason not to run.

Thanks!

Brady said...

I remember that fall. Not fun