9/09/2009

La Sarraz

This evening Husband and I drove to La Sarraz for the last leg of the Tour du Pays de Vaud. Daughter tagged along to cheer us on. I checked the standings before we left home and saw I held a comfortable fifth place in my category going into the race. The fourth place woman was 5’30” ahead of me, and the sixth place woman was over 2 minutes behind me; not much chance of the ranking changing. All in all Husband and I were pleased with the run. On the first tough hill I passed a woman who was walking. She always beats me, so I told her she needed to get moving because she didn't want me beating her. She thanked me at the finish line and said she probably would have quit without my encouragement.

We had decided to stay for the award ceremony followed by a drawing; so we sat at one of the long picnic tables with a bunch of other people to eat our sandwiches. It ended up being a good decision to hang around. Not only because we both won prizes in the drawing, a sports bag for me and a Nike watch for Husband (that he promptly gave to me!), but also because we met some very nice people. One of them was the sixth place finisher in my age group. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again soon.

Gotta run…

No comments: