9/03/2009

Saint-Prex

Saint-Prex

The fourth leg of the Tour du Pays de Vaud was moved from Aubonne to the neighboring village of Saint-Prex. I don’t know why this was, but the numerous Saint-Prex volunteers, in their bright yellow t-shirts all along the course, were tickled pink. I took off faster than my normal pace to avoid the bottleneck that was sure to form when we got to the narrow uphill path in the forest. I only lost a few seconds in that little traffic jam (unlike the one I was stuck in for half an hour on my way to the race, which was actually postponed 10 minutes because so many runners were stuck in traffic). I had to slow down for the second half of the race, which meant I was constantly getting passed from then on. All in all it was a good run, but I must say it was relief to finally get to the finish line.

Gotta run…

No comments: