9/07/2013

La Sarraz 2013


For me, this Wednesday’s leg of the Tour du Pays de Vaud was the toughest and most disappointing. I knew that because of the heat I was likely to run a slower pace and get left behind by the two women I unexpectedly beat in Penthaz. That’s exactly what happened. G. L. passed me at the end of the killer hill halfway through the course. I valiantly hung on for about a kilometer, but that’s all I had in me and she slowly pulled away. Less than a kilometer from the finish line, S. M. passed me too and I didn’t even care enough to try to keep up. To add insult to injury, another women zipped past me right on the line. I thought maybe she wasn’t in my age group, but when the results were posted later I saw that she was.

That’s it for me. Since I’m not running the last leg of the Tour next week, I won’t be ranked and G. L. and S. M. can duke it out in Saint-Prex for second place in our age group!

Gotta run…

No comments: