7/01/2008

Racing Paradise

You know the Lausanne area is truly a racing paradise by the number of races held within a stone’s throw. A warm-up jog takes me to the starting line of the Lausanne 20 K in April, a challenging climb from the lake to the city center and back; the Lausanne Marathon in October, along Lake Geneva; or the Christmas Midnight Run, through the cobblestone streets of the old city with its 12th century cathedral. I can get to a dozen more races on my bike, 20 or so are less than 30 minutes away by car, and at least 50 more within an hour’s drive.
Gotta run...

1 comment:

Justin said...

Yay! Our blogging family just got bigger!

Lausanne sure is a great place to be a runner! Add to all the advantages that the weather is fairly good for running, too. If I were to go run in Marseille today I would probably die!